Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stopping smoking - NiQuitin CQ Stage 2 Patches

(5 Posts)
fee77 Fri 07-Jan-05 15:14:16

I am on my 5th patch but am really thinking of stopping and going cold turkey. So far they seem to be helping - i am not craving a ciggy, and only thin about it through habit. BUT when i put the patch on it really really itches, and them my arm feels really reall really achy for a couple of hours. The worst thing is the dreams. I have not had a proper nights sleep since i started as my dreams are so vivid and surreal. I wake up 5 or 6 times a night and for me that is unheard of. Then in the morning i feel like crap. I usually change my patch around lunchtime, but do you think i could start taking it off at night and putting a fresh one on in the morning? I never used to smoke till lunch time anyway. Please help - i feel positive, but knackered!

MrsBigD Fri 07-Jan-05 15:20:35

hi fee77 - well done on wanting to quit. I gave up 5 years ago and my lungs are ever so grateful.

As for the patches... I couldn't use them as I have very low blood pressure and kept fainting. In your case maybe the dosage is too high? Is there a weaker patch? If not... I used the chewing gum to stop. It's so revolting that if you chew it each time you fancy a ciggi you soon won't

Good luck! You can do it!

fee77 Mon 10-Jan-05 12:59:37

Obviously patches are not very popular!! But for any one who is interested, i am a non-smoker, but now i take the patch off before bed time. Amazingly the freaky dreams have stopped! And it is all going very well indeed. I smell nice, i feel healthier and the guilt has gone.
Thanks for the kind words Mrsbigd.
Do you still fancy a fag after five years? When i have given up in the past i have always fancied the odd one, and then that leads me back to square one.

charliecat Mon 10-Jan-05 16:23:43

Hi fee77...if you are after a chat with some nonsmokers or serial quitters (!) theres a thread Here
Well done BTW...if I had saw this thread i would have said I had the freaky dreams while on patches and another of the nonsmoking girls Fionagib had a bad panic attack whilst driving
See you on the thread if your interested in a chat!

MrsBigD Mon 10-Jan-05 16:30:52

fee77

I still have the occasional social ciggy when out with a friend who smokes. But as I then usually feel extremely ill the next day (and no I never learn! there's no way that I'll start 'properly' again.

Saying that... a couple of weeks a go I was totally stressed out and was thinking to myself... hmmm a ciggy would be nice right now. Just to think the next second... what the h*ll am I thinking!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now