Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

six year old teething

(6 Posts)
wilfulwife Thu 06-Jan-05 20:38:19

Hi,wondered if anyone has had similar problems and can offer advice.My six yr old has suddenly started teething-a molar(?),on the bottom gum.He has been in terrible pain,ie,gum hurting,ear throbbing ,i was even called to th eschool yesterday.He suffered dreadfully as a baby,is this why he is experiencing such pain now?Other children just seem to get these teeth without trouble as far as i can see.I am giving him calpol 6+ and nurofen as directed by pharmacist,it eases pain but only for a few hours,he cant eat either.AArgh,how long will this last??Any advice gratefully accepted.

yoyo Thu 06-Jan-05 20:42:29

You have my sympathy as my DD aged six is also suffering. She is in tears sometimes which makes me feel useless. She hates the taste of bonjela but I was wondering about trying teething granules as they seemed to do the trick when she was a baby.
Anyone know the homeopathic remedy required for this age group?
She's also been gnawing at her cheek so this also painful for her!

wilfulwife Thu 06-Jan-05 20:56:22

i'm sorry to hear that yoyo,but also sort of relieved that it's not just my ds(sorry).I did try the teething granules but they just didn't seem to touch the pain tbh,so i resorted to painkillers.Try rubbing your daugters toes,particularly the fronts,and on th esole along th ebase of the toes-these are reflexology points for teeth,gums,face etc,it does seem to ease things for my ds,if only temporarily.hth.

yoyo Thu 06-Jan-05 23:58:53

Thanks for the tip - I will definitely try that as she is very receptive to touch. We use Calpol too.

MamaMaiasaura Fri 07-Jan-05 00:10:54

Thank you for posting this on here. My ds nearly 5 has been saying he has a sore gum bottom right at back. I have had a feel and it feels like a tooth underneath although it hasnt cut through yet. tbh i hadnt even considered that they get further molars..

Frizbe Fri 07-Jan-05 00:44:33

have you tried the bonjella on the gum route?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now