Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

These damned headaches won't shift.

(13 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Thu 06-Jan-05 20:19:47

Well, I decided this week that I had had enough being overweight and decideed to do something about it.

I have been doing really really well since Monday, but, since yesterday I have been plagued by bad headaches, I went to bed last night at 8.30 as I felt so rough.

I'm following weight watchers and have been eating really well, today for instance I had 2 x boiled eggs & toast for brekkie, tuna sandwich for lunch and then ww pizza and ww chips for tea.

What I can't understand is why these headaches have suddenly come on, could it be all the rubbish and toxins etc leaving my system the fact that I have given up drinking cola as much.

Any tips would be great as I'm fed up of going to bed early and feeling crap all day.

Twiglett Thu 06-Jan-05 20:21:07

OK

How much liquid are you drinking .. however much .. up it

Have you stopped having caffeine? .. start again

HTH

Twiglett Thu 06-Jan-05 20:21:51

and add vegetables and fruit to your diet woman

sorrysausage Thu 06-Jan-05 20:22:24

Sounds like it could be caffeine withdrawal from the coke. Should go after a couple of days tho'.

BubblesDeVere Thu 06-Jan-05 20:22:33

I have one cup of tea since I started on plan, mainly because I never drink many hot drinks anyway, i try and drink 8 glasses of water a day, I still have 1 glass to go which I'll have before bed with my ad's.

Lonelymum Thu 06-Jan-05 20:22:39

I can get headaches when I am hungry. I know you are trying to lose weight and this will sound a bit stupid, but are you eating enough?

BubblesDeVere Thu 06-Jan-05 20:24:40

Lonely mum, I THINK so, I am sticking to my points allowance and not eating less than I should, I can't go overboard as I have to stay healthy for the kids, I haven't started exercising yet, as I have bought myself a cross-trainer and I am too heavy for it, so have to lose three stone before than can be ysed.

Twiglett, you are right about the fruit and veg, I really should eat more, I wish I was like my children, they eat LOADS.

Twiglett Thu 06-Jan-05 20:25:25

can't you replace coke with diet coke? same caffeine content isn't it?

SeaShells Thu 06-Jan-05 20:26:21

It does sound like caffeine withdrawal symptons from cutting out the cola. Shouldn't last too long and it'll be worth it in the end!

BubblesDeVere Thu 06-Jan-05 20:27:05

Isn't it as bad? after all they cleaned toilets with Diet Coke on 'How clean is your house'.

Lonelymum Thu 06-Jan-05 20:28:14

Yeah but they cleaned the sink with lemons too!

BubblesDeVere Thu 06-Jan-05 21:20:54

Ok ok, you got me there

BubblesDeVere Fri 07-Jan-05 16:04:56

Headaches still not shifting, so as a last resort and hopefullya get the crap out of my system quicker, I have bought myself some detox patches that you put on the bottom of your feet for seven nights.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now