Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

vascular surgeon - London based

(15 Posts)
lisalisa Thu 06-Jan-05 14:38:19

Message withdrawn

lailag Thu 06-Jan-05 14:58:45

DH who is a GP refers patients privately, but if he already attends a hospital he should be able to find whether they have vascular surgeons in that hospital as well.

lisalisa Thu 06-Jan-05 15:16:39

Message withdrawn

Bramshott Thu 06-Jan-05 15:24:14

I see a great vascular surgeon in Guildford - Miss McGuinness, but that's on the NHS.

lisalisa Thu 06-Jan-05 15:27:01

Message withdrawn

Bramshott Thu 06-Jan-05 15:31:57

Her secretary's number at the Royal Surrey hospital is 01483 464024

lisalisa Thu 06-Jan-05 16:19:17

Message withdrawn

Flossam Thu 06-Jan-05 16:30:08

You can always ask for a second opinion, has he done that? I know doctors can be very very up their own arses but they should always put patients interests first, if he is saying there is nothing more to be done then that may well be the case. The first step would be to gain an opinion of another doctor. It sounds as though the area is necrosed (dead tissue) which to my understanding is incredibly painful. Not being at all an expert in the area, I only know that this is a common reason for amputation. Other patients I know indeed have been wanting it, nigh on begging for it to be done. What sort of job does he do?

Flossam Thu 06-Jan-05 16:33:25

I've been trying to look on the net for you but for some reason it keeps failing on two different search engines!! Try keying in specialist vascular surgeons, specialist surgeons, or vascular consultant.

Flossam Thu 06-Jan-05 16:44:59

found one: /link{\this}

Flossam Thu 06-Jan-05 16:46:18

oops, what happened there? here

Surfermum Thu 06-Jan-05 18:54:12

Try Charing Cross Hospital in Fulham. I used to work there and there were 2 Consultants and a Professor all specialising in vascular surgery. I can't recommend anyone - it was so long ago that I worked there that I don't know who is there now or even the phone number! The hospital might have a webpage.

lisalisa Mon 10-Jan-05 14:02:25

Message withdrawn

hester Mon 10-Jan-05 14:06:18

Mike Walsh, works at Barts and the London Hospital but also does private practice at The London Independent.

SPARKLER1 Mon 10-Jan-05 14:07:45

I used to be a medical secretary to two vascular surgeons. In Bournemouth though!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: