Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

know anything about haemangiomas please?

(5 Posts)
triplets Wed 05-Jan-05 20:59:01

My best friend who is in her 401s has suffered from these all of her life, I know they are not neccessarily dangerous but she is now finding them frequently and has trouble in the medical profession listening to her. She is desperately trying to find a specialist in this field, she lives in Cornwall but will travel to London, can anyone help please?

triplets Thu 06-Jan-05 21:13:51

Oh I was soooooo hoping for some help on this one, my poor friend is getting desperate.

tamum Thu 06-Jan-05 21:30:40

triplets, I do know someone who has done quite a lot of research on them but he's a geneticist/paediatrician not a dermatologist. He's at Guy's. I could try and get in touch with him?

triplets Thu 06-Jan-05 23:46:00

Thanks Tamum,
I think my friend was told originally she would be seen by a vascular surgeon. She is 43 and has had a histiory of these things since childhood, they are now becoming more frequent.

yoyo Thu 06-Jan-05 23:53:14

My daughter has one on her neck which our GP tried to freeze without success.

Tamum - is your friend's research published? If so, where?

DD is very self-conscious about it especially as satellites appear to be forming around the original site.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: