Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

babies high temp

(10 Posts)
TracyK Wed 05-Jan-05 19:19:03

this is 2nd day for poor ds high temp. v. tired and wailing some of the time. poor appetite - but will b/f. after calpol will be quite chirpy for a little time. no spots - yet!
any ideas?

happynewessbee Wed 05-Jan-05 19:42:39

Message withdrawn

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Wed 05-Jan-05 19:46:59

DT1 had this over new year. I think it's just a bug, but worth getting him checked out at the GPs. My GP said that DT1 probably had a viral something, but took a urine sample to rule out a urine infection. Have you been to the GP yet?

happynewessbee Wed 05-Jan-05 19:47:50

Message withdrawn

TracyK Wed 05-Jan-05 19:59:18

ds is 10 mo and his temp today before calpol was 38.8.
haven't been to gp yet - is there anything he could do - I'm sure its just one of the bugs thats been going round this winter.

happynewessbee Wed 05-Jan-05 20:05:09

Message withdrawn

TracyK Wed 05-Jan-05 20:06:03

how does the doc take a urine sample?

happynewessbee Wed 05-Jan-05 20:07:21

Message withdrawn

Lonelymum Wed 05-Jan-05 20:08:02

My ds3 had a temp before Xmas - was quite unrecognisable with it - but also had a cough too and was sick. The doctor said he had a chest infection, gave him anti-biotics and he was fully recovered within about 5 days. Yes the doctor can do something and with one so young, it is worth taking him and getting your mind put at rest.

Grizzly Wed 05-Jan-05 21:36:12

My Ds in 16 months and had a high temp before xmas (38.7). All he wanted to do was sit on the sofa, cuddle me and doze. He sat still for about 5 hours which scared me silly - he normally won't cuddle at all or sit still for more than 2 minutes (literally). I had to insist on a GP appointment as they were so busy with colds/flus etc and they found a chest infection. Antibiotics fixed him within 24 hours. If it ever happens again I would insist on seeing GP sooner rather than later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now