Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD2 has some spots and is complaining that they hurt

(13 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 10:51:53

Just wondering if anyone has any idea what they may be.

She only has about 4, they are all on her legs and look like little hard bumps, they look slightly read but not too bad.

She has no other symptoms, no colds, temperature or anything, but, has been ill for the past month with a chest & throat infection, viral infection and sickness and diarrohea.

If i accidently rub them whilst stroking her legs she moves quickly and complains that they hurt.

Any ideas anyone please?

Mum2girls Tue 04-Jan-05 10:53:49

could they be bites? Any pets in the house?

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 10:55:13

No, there are alot smaller than bites and more raised..

MrsBigD Tue 04-Jan-05 10:59:56

maybe ingrown and inflamed hairs/hairfolicles? if it hurts best bet is probably to take her to see the GP. He/she might be able to prescribe a cream or something. Hope she gets better soon.

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 11:02:50

Thank you mrsd, just phoned doctors and no appts today, I'll ring this afternoon and try and get in tomorrow afternoon.

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 16:24:26

DOn;t know what it is, but another one has appeared on her chest this afternoon, she is definately going to the doctors tomorrow.

Enid Tue 04-Jan-05 16:26:58

chicken pox?

tortoiseshell Tue 04-Jan-05 16:27:17

molluscum?

DonnaLouise Tue 04-Jan-05 17:53:42

if they're painful, it could be the start of 'hands foot and mouth' which I'd never heard of before my ds got it. the spots are generally, as it implies, around the hands feet and in the mouth which are very sore. ds also had a few on his trunk.

doc would probably give some stronger painkilling medicine than you could get over the counter. HFM is nothing too serious though.

KateandtheGirls Tue 04-Jan-05 17:55:05

My little one just had HF&M. Are there any on the soles of her feet or the palms of her hand? That's a dead giveaway for HF&M.

jollymum Tue 04-Jan-05 18:08:27

It could be impetigo-very catching. The bumps look like a paintball splat, sort of red around the edges and yellow in the middle. My dad's just dad it, you need antibitics and cream. HTH

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 19:16:28

Definately no HFM as she only has 5 of them and they are on her calves and one on her chest, chicken pox she has already had and not impetigo I don't think as my friend suffers from this and it doesn't look like this.

What is molluscum?

MrsBigD Wed 05-Jan-05 19:24:54

Bubbles - how's dd2? Have you been able to take her to the doc? What did he/she say?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now