Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Just joined a Vurgin Active gym - as a family too :)

(4 Posts)
Hulababy Sun 02-Jan-05 18:20:12

We are going to get healthy this year. Well, me and Dh anyway. DD (2y 8m) is already fit and healthy.

Was really nice and so family friendly. DD can use a gym for now, but once she is 3 (3 months time) we pay £10 a month for her, and she then gets up to 2 hours of sessions a day to use - soft play, studio clases, computer room, arts and crafts - and unlimited swiming in the children's pool and certain times in main pool.

For now there's a creche or me and Dh will take turns to swim and gym. And after work.

I am keen to have a go at the climbing wall - looks great fun and I remember enjoying it as a teenager when I had a go.

Looking forward to having a go at it all now. Have my induction on Tuesday. Been swimming with DH and DD already this afternoon, straight after joiniing. We both got quite a bit of swimming done, taking it in turns to be with DD, who also had a great time. She seems really confident in water and was happy to just float and doggy paddle on her own, with just arm bands to support.

I will get fit!!!

juniperdewdrop Sun 02-Jan-05 18:22:37

Oh that sounds fantastic I wish the gym near to us had those sort of facilities. I think I may have found a ladies only gym with a creche?

btw how did your christmas lunch go? You went out to a pub didn't you? Ours went well, definitely think this is the way to go as it's much less hassle.

Hulababy Sun 02-Jan-05 18:27:13

Glad to hear you had a good time. Our meal was fantastic Way too much food though, but lovely. Will do it again next year I think.

juniperdewdrop Sun 02-Jan-05 18:38:23

Glad to hear yours was good too I can eat a lot so managed ok

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: