Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone know anything about anesthetics?

(5 Posts)
mishiclaus Fri 31-Dec-04 15:12:23

hi
just wondering if anyone can help..i had a general anesthetic yesterday to have a evacuation after a mmc...apparently while i was under the drip bit wiht anesthetic in came out and but anesthetic under my skin then fell out by itself....my problem is it was swollen yesterday and tender but from last night it has gone horrendous..im distraught as i havent even been able to pick my ds up for a hug as it hurts to put any weight on it at all...its just started going red but doesnt seem to be swollen. My dh has strapped it up this morning in a hope of easing pain and offering support but i am in agony. I cant use it to do anything. just wondered if anyone could recommend anything.
thanks
mishi

PuffTheMagicDragon Fri 31-Dec-04 15:14:43

mishi, it might be infected - can you get to your gp or if not a&e?

PuffTheMagicDragon Fri 31-Dec-04 15:15:46

sorry, forgot to say that my arm got infected from an iv drip in hospital. Antibiotics cleared it up.

Laylasmum Fri 31-Dec-04 15:18:34

sounds like its infected and that the vein is irritated something called phlebitis probably, see GP ( they should be open this pm) but go now or youre stuck till tues!! Try cold packs and pain killers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen if you can take them. simple antibiotics should clear it up

mishiclaus Fri 31-Dec-04 15:19:35

thanks puff i might see how it goes tonight then so to walk in centre in morning as my gps is closed and i dont fancy a+e on new yrs eve..lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now