Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please Send Positive Vibes to My MIL

(4 Posts)
Pineapple Fri 31-Dec-04 10:00:51

My FIL phoned this morning (we live hundreds of miles away from them) to say my MIL had been in hospital since Wednesday (she's a very private and independant person who doesn't like to worry her family because we all have young kids!!) to have a biopsy on a lump in her neck. The consultant has said he thinks its fatty tissue but has sent it off to oncology for analysis just in case. FIL is hopefully that she will be out of hospital later today. My sil (their daughter) has had a go at her father for not letting her know sooner. I feel really sorry for my fil as he was only trying to respect my mil's wishes. I feel so wretched as I live so far away. Do you think it would be inappropriate to send some Thorntons chocolates to them both? (call centre shuts down today for the hols)

Blossomhill Fri 31-Dec-04 10:02:45

Pineapple - sending some positive vibes your way. I really hope everything turns out okay.
I think the Thornton chocolates is a lovely idea with a nice little card as well.

MarsLady Fri 31-Dec-04 10:02:52

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and prayers for your MIL and PIL

coppertop Fri 31-Dec-04 10:47:28

The chocolates sound like a lovely idea. Best wishes to your MIL and FIL and hopefully they'll be getting some good news soon. xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now