Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Worming your child

(3 Posts)
moosh Fri 31-Dec-04 09:18:16

Would you give your child a worm tablet even if you couldn't see them. He is showing signs itchy back passage, big increase in appetite or tummy ache. I tried checking his pooh when he has been but it is hard to look when it is down the bottom of the toilet! And when we try to check him at night while he is asleep ds2 tends to wake and create noise so we never get to do it. Has anyone else givven the whole family tablets without actually seeing any worms and is it harmful? Thanks

Carla Fri 31-Dec-04 09:31:15

moosh, please understand I don't have any personal experience here, but yes, I would. I don't think those tablets are particularly harmful (unless you're a worm).

DoesntChristmasDragOn Fri 31-Dec-04 09:32:13

Given that you're supposed to treat the whole family even if only one is infected, I can't see that it would cause any problems.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now