Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Can anyone tell me if my mom can take these tablets together ??

(16 Posts)
ChristmasCracker Tue 28-Dec-04 18:10:39

My mom needs to know if she can take Kapake and Celebrex tablets together.

Anyone know, or know where i can find out ??

Donbean Tue 28-Dec-04 18:18:24

Just google it, there is loads of info on it there.

ChristmasCracker Tue 28-Dec-04 18:18:55

I tried that but didn't find anything useful.

TheHollyAndTheTwiglett Tue 28-Dec-04 18:20:58

Hang on nutcracker .. will try to find out from DH

Donbean Tue 28-Dec-04 18:22:42

Sorry, your right, just looked myself.

JaNgLyBELLS Tue 28-Dec-04 18:24:04

Would it be best to ring NHS Direct? or the emergency doctor would be able to tell you over the phone.

Vickypollard Tue 28-Dec-04 18:26:54

probably better to ring a late night pharmacy

TheHollyAndTheTwiglett Tue 28-Dec-04 18:27:06

OK DH not sure

but from his celebrex leaflet it doesn't include paracetamol or codeine phosphate as drugs to be concerned about if taken in combination ... I would've thought it was OK

although think you should consult GP if needed for pain relief as maybe dose of one or the other just needs amending

WigWamBam Tue 28-Dec-04 18:28:04

Celebrex interactions here . Kapake appears to be a paracetamol and codeine, and there isn't anything mentioned here about not taking them with Celebrex. Can you check with a pharmacist or NHS Direct?

JuA Tue 28-Dec-04 18:33:58

They should be fine together - they are different pain killer types and all work in different ways. No known interactions between them.

ChristmasCracker Tue 28-Dec-04 18:45:02

Thanks guys, knowing her she will probably already have taken them, i just wanted to check for her.

I will get her to ask in the pharmacy when she is out tommorow.

Laylasmum Tue 28-Dec-04 19:42:19

i know i'm coming in a bit late here!! Those tablets are fine to take together but she needs to see her GP about the celebrex asap as it is recommended that people are taken off it now due to some reported side effects. don't mean to alarm you but just for your info !!x

alibubbles Wed 29-Dec-04 08:11:22

Your're right Laylasmum, my father has just been taken off Celebrex, as it has been recalled.

Christmascracker, get your mum to see her GP asap.

ChristmasCracker Wed 29-Dec-04 08:52:37

Blimey, thanks for letting me know, i will try and get hold of her now.

Thanks again

Twiglett Wed 29-Dec-04 09:53:55

Celebrex have not been recalled

There has been a study released with a possible link to heart problems at HIGH DOSES .. however 2 others have showed no such risks

The first study was dealing with its effectiveness in preventing colon polyps or warding off Alzheimer's, however there was NO account made for underlying risks of heart disease like weight, age and smoking which you would expect to see

Vioxx was recalled a number of months ago because it had a proper research study showing an issue

Every single drug has side effects / potential risks .. it is a matter of risk analysis if the benefit outweighs the risk then it is still a viable drug

Twiglett Wed 29-Dec-04 10:03:22

That doesn't mean it won't be recalled of course .. but for the moment, we're sticking with celebrex as DH finds life too difficult without it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now