Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this chicken pox????????

(11 Posts)
Slink Thu 23-Dec-04 19:46:33

Hi me from the rash on the palm thread. Well creams have aggravated the palms and she is iching like mad and now balls of her feet. Is this chicken pox??? Bloody pharmasitst..

popsycal Thu 23-Dec-04 19:48:07

hand foot and mouth>????

Slink Thu 23-Dec-04 19:49:24

No spots around the mouth or bottom, but how do you get that i wash her when she goes to the loo??

lockets Thu 23-Dec-04 19:49:33

Message withdrawn

popsycal Thu 23-Dec-04 19:50:28

ds had it but didnt get any in his mouth...and i think they come in stages anyway so mouth might be last

nothing to do with hygiene - so dont worry!
will see if i can find some more info...it is really really common in small children btw

popsycal Thu 23-Dec-04 19:51:29

\linkhttp://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/revb/enterovirus/hfhf.htm\here you go}

popsycal Thu 23-Dec-04 19:51:49

second time lucky??]

popsycal Thu 23-Dec-04 19:53:32

it is usually really mild but can be accompanied by high temps etc

Slink Thu 23-Dec-04 19:56:11

Thanks for the info popsical, read it she definatley not off food, asked for seconds today and eats well. no fever but is is itching.
Thanks anyway think it may be drop in nhs tomorrow as she is sleeping now, she doesn't seem distressed by it either.

Lockets if she has it pop over will have to cancel plans for xmas.

ItllBeLonelymumThisChristmas Thu 23-Dec-04 20:36:36

No it doesn't sound like chicken pox to me, or hand foot and mouth if she doesn't feel ill.

Slink Fri 24-Dec-04 12:32:33

Nope it a allegy towards my furtniture polish... got her some meds today she is better. thanks to all merry xmas xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now