Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Stinking cold, bunged up ears

(6 Posts)
DoesntChristmasDragOn Thu 23-Dec-04 08:48:39

Having suffered with a stinking cold for the last 3 days, I now have completely bunged up ears, it's very annoying and above all it hurts!

Given that it's only a couple of days til Christmas and I have stacks to do, how can I unblock them? Preferably without resorting to drugs as I'm sure it's the daynurse that got me into this mess

cranberryjampot Thu 23-Dec-04 08:51:10

i have exactly the same. i blew my nose last night and my ears "squeaked" and then i felt like my head was encased in a bubble or something. Try inhaling menthol crystals dissolved in hot water. Also warm some olive oil and using a cotton bud very carefully drop some warm oil into your ear. tilt your head to the side and leave it to work for 5 mins. V soothing

MaryChristmas Thu 23-Dec-04 08:51:47

olbas oil droplets and very hot/ boiling water in bowl and towel over head trick. And breath in but not too close to the water!
And tissues at the ready! Hope it works.

DoesntChristmasDragOn Thu 23-Dec-04 08:56:24

Will Karvol do? It's all the same sort of thing isn't it? wonders whether maybe something libke Benylin would work - isn't that meant to loosen it all up? I know I said no drugs

I had similar when I flew long haul with the tail end of a cold. I was deaf for about 4 days!

MaryChristmas Thu 23-Dec-04 08:59:42

Vicks karvel olbas anything with that strong menthol smell
Olbas is the best though and you can stick in to a hankie too.

DoesntChristmasDragOn Thu 23-Dec-04 10:18:46

Bumping up for any more bright ideas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now