Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Keyhole surgery - torn cartillage - ANYONE?

(4 Posts)
KristmasBear Tue 21-Dec-04 21:50:03

Anyone had this done? When can I expect to be back to normal after this surgery, ie walking the twenty minutes to school pushing large pram with heavy child too!!?

TinselTamum Tue 21-Dec-04 22:13:22

What a coincidence- dh had this done yesterday. He is in the kitchen makng me some coffee at the moment if that's any help? He has been told not to do any running or cycling for 3 weeks, but that he will be able to walk reasonably well in a week. He's not doing badly now, his knee is stiff and he was sleepy this afternoon but that's all. I can keep you posted with his progress if you like? The 20 minutes with a pram doesn't sound like much fun though. Poor you

winterwombaland Tue 21-Dec-04 22:13:48

KristmasBear, i had keyhole surgery on my knee a few years ago as i had a fraying kneecap. I was walking on crutches for 4 weeks whilst having physiotherapy twice a week. The pram might actually aid your walking... realistically though, i reckon you're looking at about 6 weeks, give or take. Good luck

KristmasBear Wed 22-Dec-04 10:33:47

Thanks you two - Winterwombaland, yours sounds more serious than my op. Tinseltamum my DH doesn't make me coffee very often and yours does it post-surgery! I hope you know how lucky you are!!!! And yes, keep me posted as to how he gets on. Thanks

The doc played my op down as quite routine which it is of course BUT when you have two small people and a walk to school to cope with you can't just put your feet up for weeks on end. Thought I would have it done in half-term in Feb so that's one week taken care of.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now