Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

trapped nerve in shoulder (I think) am in constant bloody pain!

(20 Posts)
sallystrawberry Sun 16-Mar-08 19:18:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NorthernLurker Sun 16-Mar-08 19:19:04

how old are you - roughly?

sallystrawberry Sun 16-Mar-08 19:19:46

saythatagain Sun 16-Mar-08 19:21:26

No advice - but I've been there. sad
Strongest painkillers you can get your hands on, which is no good at 7.15pm I know. It's giving me the chills just reading this.

NorthernLurker Sun 16-Mar-08 19:21:42

no other symptoms - sick? sweaty? dizzy? short of breath?

sallystrawberry Sun 16-Mar-08 19:22:51

NorthernLurker Sun 16-Mar-08 19:24:45

ok - I haven't a clue then sorry - just checking you weren't having a heart attack and not noticing grin

If heat doesn't work - have you tried an ice pack - or frozen peas? Ring for an emergency GP appt tomorrow - maybe you could do with some physio?

sallystrawberry Sun 16-Mar-08 19:28:34

Miggsie Sun 16-Mar-08 19:29:07

Find a good osteopath.
I had just the same thing, the muscles in my arm had contracted and pulled the shoulder blade out JUST enough to hit a nerve, grinding agony plus pins and needles, then a sharp shooting pain between my fingers...and then up the back of my head and into my eye!
The pain will cause your jaw to contract and lock and that makes it worse as a tense jaw apparently tightens up all the muscles down your spine! It's really really bad, I almost threw up with the pain.

My osteo did a bit of manipulation and 2 weeks on I have no problems at all

sallystrawberry Sun 16-Mar-08 19:31:09

bonkerz Sun 16-Mar-08 19:32:09

please gop to doca if it doesnt feel any better by tomorrow. Im only saying and dont want to worry you but a good friend of mine had been having pains in arm, neck and shoulder for 3 weeks and went docs on tuesday last week because she had had enough of pain. She collapsed in doctors was rushed to hospital and had 3 heart attacks, she has had surgery to unblock 2 arteries and had blood clot that travelled to heart. Please get it checked. thankfully my mate is doing well now though but only because she went to doctors!

sallystrawberry Sun 16-Mar-08 19:32:37

sallystrawberry Sun 16-Mar-08 19:36:34

sallystrawberry Sun 16-Mar-08 19:37:39

sallystrawberry Sun 16-Mar-08 21:09:12

NorthernLurker Sun 16-Mar-08 21:52:55

oh dear - sorry about that sad Maybe A&E? At least you'd get some good pain relief.

vxr Tue 14-Jul-09 13:32:37

is it better now, i see that was in march 2008?

bubbles60 Wed 26-Oct-16 17:00:44

Hi don't want to worry anyone..but my x hubby had pain in neck..for weeks was treated for arthritis.but after m r I scan it reveals he had a tumour..unfortunately it was a secondary cancer..he died 3 months later..so insist with your doctor if dosent get better

hanban89 Thu 27-Oct-16 22:13:13

I know you said you were fine other than the pain, but I got very sick last year with pneumonia and sepsis, and the pain in my shoulder was unbelievable. I passed out with it. I then had pleurisy which was excruciating. I delayed going to doc because I thought I had a trapped nerve/pulled muscle. So definitely get your lungs checked by your doctor!

hanban89 Thu 27-Oct-16 22:14:11

March 2008!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now