Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

first trip to dentist?

(5 Posts)
alilujahcatsg Tue 21-Dec-04 10:24:42

Scuse my ignorance but at what age should little ones start seeing a dentist? DS is only 14 months but has a full set of teeth (molars finally popped through on Sunday, mother and baby doing ok....).

Thanks wise ones.

Mum2girls Tue 21-Dec-04 10:29:18

My dentist said sometime in their 2nd year.

Bradsmum Tue 21-Dec-04 10:30:13

Hi - my dentist told me to bring my ds in when is is 2 so have 1st appt booked for Feb. It's really more just to get them used to the environment initially - not sure how he'd actually get into ds mouth to have a look!

misdee Tue 21-Dec-04 10:32:04

dd2 has been registered since she was 18months. she hasnt yet opened her mouth for the dentist so he can check her teeth, but loves riding on the moving chair. as long as they get used to it from an early age i wouldnt worry. dd1 is now 4 and still a dentist has never seen the inside of her mouth!!

singsong Tue 21-Dec-04 13:13:10

Registered my ds not long after he was born (because dh had to go to the dentist and thought he may as well do it whilst there). Dentist said to bring him in for his first check at 6 months.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: