Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DD 3.5yrs rash on palms...........

(7 Posts)
Slink Tue 21-Dec-04 09:24:15

I may just be fretting, and not one to over react or rush to the GP all the time. But got up the am and both palms are red and have a few bumps on them, searched a few sites and think it maybe exzmema. But also shedid help me polish yesterday.... do you think it may be that??????????? as for GP no appt for two weeks...

thank you

TheHollyAndTheTwiglett Tue 21-Dec-04 09:37:00

probably contact dermatitis or excema from the polish .. is it sore? itchy?

has she any spots around mouth, on feet (around bottom) .. if so it might be hand, foot & mouth (a mild viral infection)

put some sudacrem on it or another barrier cream

if you are worried, call up the doctor and insist .. make it clear its for a 3 year old and you need to see one

Slink Tue 21-Dec-04 09:41:30

Thank you THE HOOLY AND THE TWIGGLET. It isn't itcy and she doesn't really notice it till i apply cream, no spots around bottom or mouth either. I have been putting on e45 is that ok?? popping out to the chemist soon so i'll get them to have a check.

Thanks for getting back to me xx

Slink Tue 21-Dec-04 10:25:17

It was meant to say Holly, i think it was coz dd was watching Balamory at the time ....

singersgirl Tue 21-Dec-04 11:13:13

Has she got any spots on her feet or little ulcers in her mouth? Could be hand, foot and mouth, which my little chap had last year.

TheHollyAndTheTwiglett Tue 21-Dec-04 13:11:54

Hope she's feeling better and pharmacist helped

From what I know moisturiser (like E45) can help but a barrier cream may be better

Slink Tue 21-Dec-04 14:57:43

Thanks to all, went to the GP said it is a reaction to the polish as she hasn't eaten anything different....guess she will use that excuse when she get older when i ask her help me again..

thank you again merry xmasxxxxxxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now