Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

11-mth-old with dry scaly face -- any cream recommendations?

(11 Posts)
sleepdeprived Mon 20-Dec-04 12:51:52

Have always found Cocoa Butter good but winter/central heating is taking its toll. Skin elsewhere is ok, but his face is very rough.

ZCMUM Mon 20-Dec-04 13:19:55

I use vaseline or sudocrem on myself and DD who both get really dry patches in winter. We use those humidifiers on the radiators to keep the air from drying out too much when central heating is on. Alot of people have recommended that oilatum to me aswell but haven't got round to trying that yet.

sleepdeprived Mon 20-Dec-04 13:22:59

Do you use these on face as well as body ZC?

Where can I get the humidifiers?

MrsBigDrumsADrumming Mon 20-Dec-04 13:24:36

dd (3.5 months) gets this on his cheeks... I just rub them with sweet almond oil... bonus ... he smells heavenly

jamiesam Mon 20-Dec-04 13:25:08

Vote for oilatum from me.

ZCMUM Mon 20-Dec-04 13:35:11

Yes I use them all over. When it's really cold outside the vaseline works like a barrier to protect the skin. We got our humidifiers from one of those catalogue things that you get through the door, (kleeneze or betterware, one of these types) I think you can get them other places though. Like little pot things that hook over the radiator and you fill them with water, you can put smelly oil in them too.

sleepdeprived Mon 20-Dec-04 13:38:12

Useful tips everyone, many thanks

pedilia Mon 20-Dec-04 14:00:32

E45 is good, i use it on both mine.

muminlondon Tue 21-Dec-04 13:21:39

just been to Boots to ask about cream for a dry patch on dd's chin and the assistant there recommended vaseline.

Gobbledigoose Tue 21-Dec-04 13:23:10

If you find Oilatum too harsh, just get aqueous cream - it's brilliant and has nothing in it that can irritate the skin - it's basically just water (as the name suggests!).

sleepdeprived Tue 21-Dec-04 13:27:42

have started using vaseline today, will see how I get on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now