Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any ideas how to get rid of wart?

(15 Posts)
Blossomhill Sun 25-Nov-07 12:06:54

Dh has tried everything, bazuka, wartner and still won't go. It's on his finger. Thanks

ahundredtimes Sun 25-Nov-07 12:14:28

A plaster soaked in tea tree oil and lavender oil. Always on, and new soaking plaster applied each night.

We did it, and it went black and fell off really quite quickly.

bevjotom Sun 25-Nov-07 12:16:01

Hi i had one on my ankle that wouldn't go and the doctor froze it off.really painful and had a huge blister after but it got rid of it
hope that helps
bev

puffling Sat 02-Aug-08 19:57:04

reviving this thread as dd has a wart on her finger that won't go. We put Bazuka on it every day but that just makes the wart look crusty.

Quattrocento Sat 02-Aug-08 20:06:31

Does tea tree oil and lavender oil work for verrucas?

DisplacementActivity Sat 02-Aug-08 20:09:50

Message withdrawn

puffling Sat 02-Aug-08 21:22:37

She does her first wee in her nappy. Will see if I can get her out of it onto the potty fast!

caniborrowsomeluck Sat 02-Aug-08 22:46:26

podiatrist told me garlic oil. it worked on dd2s (3yrs) veruccae (sp) they had been there for ever. put on every night under plaser and voila - stimulates bodies immune system to get rid of verruca so completely natural. getting the oil was a bugger. curshed it then squeezed the oil throught a a piece of muslin/net ( sheer cloth not the over the shoulder material) I had.

caniborrowsomeluck Sat 02-Aug-08 22:46:57

plaster not plaser

puffling Sat 02-Aug-08 23:07:42

That sounds like hard work. Can you buy garlic oil?

misi Sat 02-Aug-08 23:24:32

my neighbour used to buy my warts from me when I was a kid, always worked!!

other than that, lime or lemon juice rubbed in daily and then a plaster applied is good, tea tree oil, you could rub a fresh garlic clove onto the wart rather than the oil if you can't get it, castor oil and baking powder in a paste each night and left exposed during the day, go get a fresh dandelion stalk and rub the sap ion the wart each day tillit goes, or milkwort, mashed up and applied as a paste each day, lots of homeopathic stuff to but I am unconvinced so won't mention them grin

puffling Sat 02-Aug-08 23:27:26

Thanks Misi

Pheebe Sun 03-Aug-08 15:11:16

Go to your nearest pond, find the largest, slimiest toad you can, rub it on the wart then put it back at midnight, turn three circles and pat your head 5 times...

wink

failing that, wartner or a trip to the GP for somethng stronger. they are caused by a virus and are generally harmless but can take years to go.

disoup Wed 19-Oct-11 18:16:28

My daughter had warts on a finger for 6 years from when she was 1yr old, we tried freezing by doctor, bazuka, banana peel etc. Nothing worked. The last thing we tried was based on the duct tape idea but instead of duct tape we used fabric surgical tape / zinc oxide tape, skin coloured and less unsightly. Keep it on the wort continuously, if it gets wet leave it, I think that even helps. Change tape when unsightly or just comes off. It took about 3 months and removed 5 worts. Considering bazuka took as long for nothing!. Zinc oxide tape is also super for blisters if you have to keep going, just tape them up and continue doesn't remove all the pain but very handy if you are hiking with new boots on!!.

Footle Fri 21-Oct-11 11:46:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now