Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Has anyone else taken Acomplia?

(9 Posts)
needtoloseweight Tue 13-Nov-07 13:44:25

I was given some Acomplia tablets by my GP last week. I am really struggling to lose weight so he suggested I give these a try. I have not taken any yet as I am a bit scared of possible side effects.

I just wanted to know if anyone here has taken these, and if so, how did you get on with them? Thank you smile

mummytheresa Tue 13-Nov-07 13:55:54

Which ones are the Acomplia?
I had the Orlistat.

needtoloseweight Tue 13-Nov-07 13:59:46

No, not the orlistat ones. Apparently these are fairly new out. How did you find the orlistat?

needtoloseweight Tue 13-Nov-07 14:01:20

The drug name is Rimonabant. They are just little white tabs (20mg) and you are meant to take one every day before breakfast.

needtoloseweight Wed 14-Nov-07 12:43:27

anyone?

underwire Wed 14-Nov-07 20:00:57

I have been prescribed these too. Have taken only two doses so far and have been fine. Have definitely eaten less, but maybe that is as much a psychological effect as anything!

underwire Wed 14-Nov-07 21:26:35

Should you maybe start this thread in the weight loss section of the talk board? Just a thought, may get more people looking at it there?

collyevens Tue 04-Mar-14 07:52:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lorene34 Wed 10-Jun-15 11:39:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now