Dizziness, fuzzy head, sensitive to sounds .....

(7 Posts)
user1488481370 Thu 08-Apr-21 22:11:44

I had a cold around 3 weeks ago. For the last 2 weeks or so I’ve been experiencing bouts of dizziness. Nothing massively severe, no room spinning but just feeling a bit ‘off’ and lightheaded. It isn’t all of the time and usually happens when I’m still or sat.

I’ve had occasional headaches, a fuzzy feeling in my head, feel like I’m sensitive to loud noises. No hearing loss as such and only intermittent pain which feels like my right ear is slightly tender from time to time.

I have health anxiety so this is particularly worrying to me. I seem to be able to balance fine. I can balance on each leg perfectly fine and walk around without any difficulty.
I’ve spoken to my GP and he isn’t concerned. Said it’s likely labyrinthitis and as i experienced symptoms after a cold, is likely viral so antibiotics won’t help which is absolutely fair enough.

I’m not sure if it’s all in my head in all honesty. If I’m distracted or outside I don’t seem to notice it quite as much.

OP’s posts: |
Forthisisnt Thu 08-Apr-21 22:16:42

Covid ?

user1488481370 Thu 08-Apr-21 22:24:34

Negative covid test 😩

MythicalBiologicalFennel Thu 08-Apr-21 22:27:16

Sounds like labyrinthitis TBH.

CharlotteRose90 Thu 08-Apr-21 23:12:36

Sounds like labyrinthitis. Can take ages to heal I got diagnosed with it 4 weeks ago roughly and it’s still affecting me now

user1488481370 Fri 09-Apr-21 11:21:19

I’ve been freaking myself out about brain tumours as have been having issues with my vision too 😩 had eyes tested and OCT scan and nothing out of the ordinary. I didn’t realise labyrinthitis could last that long!

Trying not to freak out and google!

dontdisturbmenow Fri 09-Apr-21 13:40:29

Anxiety will definitely cause all these. Poor sleep too. Possibly anemia.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in