NHS vs private partial denture

(12 Posts)
tattycoram Tue 09-Mar-21 07:51:06

Powerfulpam

Clinical Dental technicians are only able to make partial dentures with a prescription from a dentist following a full examination.

Thanks @Powerfulpam I had worked out that was the case so useful to have it confirmed.

Bumping on the question of private vs nhs dentures - any views on the difference

OP’s posts: |
Powerfulpam Mon 08-Mar-21 17:23:43

Clinical Dental technicians are only able to make partial dentures with a prescription from a dentist following a full examination.

tattycoram Sun 07-Mar-21 12:01:37

Of course I don't mind @TheBookworm88

It's the two teeth at the bottom next to my incisor. So quite visible sad

TheBookworm88 Sun 07-Mar-21 10:08:50

@tattycoram sorry to hijack but do you mind me asking what teeth your partial dentures replaced? I may have to get one to replace missing molars but don't know anyone in RL with one

Evidencebased Sat 06-Mar-21 19:58:34

Thanks

Torvean Sat 06-Mar-21 19:55:00

I have a partial denture. It was done on the NHS last year. It is front teeth so nothing I can hide

. I was mortified that I needed it as I'm only in my 40s. However it looks good. The colour , size and shape all look right. I don't think ppl would know it was a denture unless I told them.

toomanyplants Sat 06-Mar-21 19:39:36

Yes, they do all of the different stages, much faster too than waiting for dentist appointments
I guess reviews and recommendations

Advertisement

Evidencebased Sat 06-Mar-21 18:33:05

Oh, this sounds interesting.
Do denture technicians take the impressions needed?
Is there any way of finding out how good they are, or is it just pot luck?

toomanyplants Sat 06-Mar-21 18:26:52

Google denture technician in your area (they are still deemed essential)
Check they are registered with general dental council, they can provide you with private standard denture for cheaper than NHS prices

tattycoram Sat 06-Mar-21 17:17:12

Thanks @toomanyplants that hadn't occurred to me. How would I go about doing that?

toomanyplants Sat 06-Mar-21 16:49:11

Go directly to a denture technician.

tattycoram Sat 06-Mar-21 16:32:20

I've lost my partial denture after only a yearsad.

It cost the best part of a grand and I can't really afford to pay that again. I absolutely hate having a denture but it was really light and comfortable. I am how wondering if NHS dentures are really awful or if there are some that are okay.

Anyone have any advice?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in