I hurt everywhere!

(4 Posts)
fairydustandpixies Sun 14-Feb-21 13:26:45

And that's it really! Just wanted to moan instead of sob for the rest of the day again. I have a trapped nerve in my neck, tennis elbow, a disc bulge at L1/L2 which is nudging two nerves and an unstable SI joint. I can't walk any distance, can't stand for more than a minute. I'm 49, live alone and am counting the days until my surgeon calls later in the week to discuss options. This has been going on for years and I'm soooo fed up of living with constant pain. Anyway, thanks for reading. I just wanted to vent!

OP’s posts: |
Wolfiefan Sun 14-Feb-21 13:30:01

Bloody hell OP that sounds awful. I’m so sorry. I had back issues and had steroid?? Injections that helped. Have you a referral to pain clinic at all?
And flowers

fairydustandpixies Sun 14-Feb-21 13:58:29

Thanks Wolfie. Yep had injections, pain management course, every pain med known to mankind (currently just on amitriptyline to help me sleep because nothing else really works), am on yet another physio course, I've tried the lot! From a crackpot who claimed he had a machine that astronauts used for pain to acupuncture to spiritual healing as well as all the regular NHS treatments 🙄 I'm counting on surgery to be my salvation but some days I get so sick of the pain that I want to howl. I'm currently sitting with a tens machine on my lumbar region and a heated wheat bag on my neck - honestly its actually funny if it didn't hurt as much! 🤗

OP’s posts: |
Wolfiefan Sun 14-Feb-21 20:51:08

Pain isn’t funny. It’s awful. Totally out there suggestion but I have fibro (and lots of other things. If I was a horse they would shoot me blush) I have found Bowen really useful.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in