Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.
This is a Premium feature
To use this feature subscribe to Mumsnet Premium - get first access to new features see fewer ads, and support Mumsnet.Start using Mumsnet Premium
Miscarriage while on fragmin(1 Post)
Wondering if anyone has any experience of this. I have looked and can’t seem to find any information, Google keeps taking me to articles about using blood thinners to prevent miscarriage.
I can call the GP tomorrow and probably should have today, I just didn’t have it in me to phone up and speak to the receptionist and then explain again to GP, so I put it off.
I should be just over 7 weeks pregnant. But am currently waiting for a rescan as a scan on Friday showed embryo as small for dates with no heartbeat.
It is very unlikely to be good news (I am sure of my dates)
If nothing has changed I plan to ask for to it to be managed surgically as soon as possible.
However, in the meantime I am not sure what to do/what will happen if I start to miscarry naturally.
I am taking a preventive dose of fragmin and have been since I found out, due to a PE in a previous pregnancy. I got my GP to organise and prescribe as soon as I had a positive pregnancy test.
I did not discuss this when I had my scan at EPU, it just didn’t cross my mind to bring it up. I’ve carried on taking it as I know I am still at risk while my hormone levels are high.
I don’t know how much it will affect me if I start to bleed though - has anyone been in this situation?
I have been reading stories of miscarriage and there are a few where it seeks to happen quite suddenly with a lot of blood. I don’t know how much difference the dose I am taking might make. If I do start to bleed, the last thing I want to do is have to call 111 and go through the automated questions, and also don’t want to go near A and E if it can be avoided.
So, I will call for some definite advice in morning but just hoping for some reassurance through the night. It can’t be that unusual a situation, any experience appreciated