warts treatment on 2 year old and 5 year old

(4 Posts)
domesticbliss2020 Thu 12-Nov-20 21:20:25

My doctor said the wart on my two year old's finger was the biggest he's ever seen. He prescribed silver nitrate but I am scared to put it on in case she rubs her face with the finger. I've been trying thujabut she just rubs it away. I put it on when she is sleeping when I can reach the finger.
My five year old has a wart on each hand and each foot and we have been using thuja every night to treat these, but are not seeing any prgress yet.
Is silver nitrate safe for such young people? Does it hurt?
Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
BF2748 Fri 13-Nov-20 13:22:43

My niece had warts on her knee for such a long time and nothing seemed to work due to lack of consistency. She was referred to hospital and they froze them off and gave her zinc to take as it’s viral and zinc is good for immune.

I think putting it on when she’s asleep is probably the best bet. Often the shop bought products are a waste of money and time, let alone the stress of applying them!

Since then she had a couple of flare ups and as she is older she will apply lemon balm oil on them. It’s natural and her younger siblings have used it too.

I wouldn’t want to advise but I would research the lemon balm oil and giving the children some zinc, my younger niece 3 has vitamin drops and so far she’s not had a cold since summer despite being back in nursery.

domesticbliss2020 Sun 15-Nov-20 23:21:01

Thanks. I am doing the silver nitrate treatment on the little one when she is sleeping and it is working well! We are also dosing the kids with vitamin D.

OP’s posts: |
BF2748 Sun 22-Nov-20 00:17:32

Good luck I hope it’s going ok! The zinc is specific to warts I’m not sure with the vit D would have the same effects for the warts but it is so great for them anyway. The doctor can prescribe zinc in the correct dosage or you could ask your doctor regarding it. Do have a google as there’s some interesting studies with the zinc and warts and could be used for preventative.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in