Any dentists about?

(4 Posts)
SRK16 Sun 04-Oct-20 16:47:12

I’m trying to ascertain whether I need an emergency dentist appointment or whether this will pass on it’s own.
Since Thursday I have had pain in my jaw, with an extremely swollen salivary gland (submandibular). The back of my mouth is swollen and there are several ulcers around this area. The gum looks red too. I have felt tired and under the weather, but no fever. I assume I have a mild infection of some sort? The pain was worse yesterday but today I’ve been taking neurofen and gargling with salt water and it’s not as bad. However I’m now getting shooting pains into my ear, so wondering if it’s spreading.
I would prefer not to go to the dentist but I also don’t want to leave it to run riot. Not sure how easy an urgent appointment is to get (or if this is urgent??)
Appreciate any thoughts!

OP’s posts: |
paulbrogden2007 Sun 04-Oct-20 18:31:57

SRK16

I’m trying to ascertain whether I need an emergency dentist appointment or whether this will pass on it’s own.
Since Thursday I have had pain in my jaw, with an extremely swollen salivary gland (submandibular). The back of my mouth is swollen and there are several ulcers around this area. The gum looks red too. I have felt tired and under the weather, but no fever. I assume I have a mild infection of some sort? The pain was worse yesterday but today I’ve been taking neurofen and gargling with salt water and it’s not as bad. However I’m now getting shooting pains into my ear, so wondering if it’s spreading.
I would prefer not to go to the dentist but I also don’t want to leave it to run riot. Not sure how easy an urgent appointment is to get (or if this is urgent??)
Appreciate any thoughts!

go and book an appointment if you can they will ring you back to discuss your still looking at 2 weeks before they will see you.

Mintlegs Sun 04-Oct-20 18:39:04

Gargle three times a day with mouthwash and have paracetamol. Take regular paracetamol

SRK16 Sun 04-Oct-20 18:50:40

I’ve been gargling with mouthwash too, will try paracetamol.

Hadn’t thought about a long wait. Maybe I will just book and an cancel if needed

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in