Chronic mild gastritis

(9 Posts)
Mondaymanic Thu 01-Oct-20 15:48:29

Hi all
I've been diagnosed with this via a scope. Wondering if anyone else has this? The chronic is making me worry it's permanent 😔 please tell me it gets better. I'm going to take PPI medication. TIA x

OP’s posts: |
Oldmum55 Thu 01-Oct-20 16:06:11

I have stomach issues which haven’t been diagnosed by scope yet, and which could indicate reflux, and ulcer, hiatus hernia etc. What symptoms do you get? Mine mostly a gnawing feeling in my stomach. By chronic in your case I guess they mean the opposite of acute, so you probably don’t get bad stomach ache, but the PPI medication should sort it.

Mondaymanic Thu 01-Oct-20 16:13:09

Ah that sounds like gastritis to me @oldmum55 have you tried a ppi? I don't get a bad stomach ache most of the time thankfully.. Random burning though.

Oldmum55 Thu 01-Oct-20 16:26:06

I tried my DH’s PPI but they gave me an awful dry mouth, which I guess it’s to be expected if you have too much acid. At the moment I manage with antacids like Gaviscon. I hope it’s just chronic gastritis like yourself. How did you find the scope?

Mondaymanic Thu 01-Oct-20 16:48:50

Ah fingers crossed but I'm sure it's nothing serious. Fine honestly.. I didn't have sedation. I just kept focusing on breathing through my nose and it was over in 4 mins or so. They were dead nice too. I'd say go for it!

Oldmum55 Thu 01-Oct-20 16:55:06

Thanks Mondaymanic! Glad you found the scope manageable, you hear so many horror stories!

Mondaymanic Thu 01-Oct-20 17:32:58

Has anyone received a diagnosis x

Advertisement

wineandsunshine Thu 01-Oct-20 21:48:59

Not chronic but flare ups - take regular PPI and 'try' to follow a sensible diet.

Stress makes it much worse!

Good luck op

Mondaymanic Fri 02-Oct-20 08:26:22

Thanks @wineandsunshine

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in