Veins on legs

(2 Posts)
BornWorrier20 Tue 29-Sep-20 22:22:47

Around April I suddenly developed a sort of rash all over my inner thighs. From the pattern, it would appear that it is my veins suddenly appearing very brightly and strongly under my skin but it isn't varicose veins as they don't protrude at all. I have googled other conditions like spider veins but it doesn't really look like the images I can see online. I have this on both legs but the left leg is worse. Sometimes the lines are brown and less visible and sometimes they are bright red.

I didn't even consider getting this checked out at the time as we had just gone into lockdown, the health service obviously had other priorities and, even if I could, I didn't want to go near a GP's surgery because of the risk of infection. As I've now had it for nearly six months and isn't causing me any particular problems, other than being rather unsightly, I would feel a bit daft finally getting it checked out now but still have an underlying niggle that maybe it's a sign of something I should be concerned about as it just appeared out of the blue and I've no idea what it is.

Has anyone had anything similar or know what this might be?

OP’s posts: |
BornWorrier20 Sat 03-Oct-20 12:18:36

I'm giving this one bump (I hope that's allowed!) and then will have to decide whether to bother the doctor with it or just accept it as one of those things and nothing to worry about (while secretly occasionally worrying because that's in my nature!).

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in