Foot pain

(7 Posts)
chocaholic38 Fri 04-Sep-20 23:00:02

Have had pain on top and the outer edge of my foot for few months now, initially was only sore after being on my feet all day, however I'm feeling pain all day now and at end of day I can hardly walk on it.

Telephoned GP today, spoke to nurse practitioner who said it was soft tissue damage, surely it shouldn't be this painful or be getting worse? Have tried compression bandage but pain was worse with it on.

OP’s posts: |
ArabellaRockerfella Sat 05-Sep-20 10:59:34

I had something very similar, the pain was excruciating and minor injuries centre wouldn't x-ray as I hadn't had a fall and there was no swelling. GP just fobbed me off with pain killers and rest.
One day I walked to the corner shop to get milk and was in such pain, I cried because I couldn't walk back. So I made an appointment with a chiropractor. Turns out the small bones in my foot were out of alignment/dislocated! Made sense. He manipulated them back in and the relief was instant! I had one more treatment 2 weeks late and have never had a problem since!!
Pain killers and rest would never have cured a dislocation!

chocaholic38 Sat 05-Sep-20 13:24:58

Yes Iv been told to rest it and have been given diclofenac, hard to do when you have to go to work!
Iv noticed today one of my toes has went numb so wondering if it's maybe a nerve problem.

I don't really understand how she could diagnose over the phone without examining it. It's def getting worse rather than better but she didn't seem to listen sad

ArabellaRockerfella Sat 05-Sep-20 15:56:12

Sounds very similar to my experience. I often wonder if I hadn't gone to the chiropractor would I still be suffering and unable to walk properly?!
Make an appointment to see one.

mrsjg Sat 05-Sep-20 16:06:36

Any pain like that I wouldn't even bother with a GP. I now go to a physiotherapist. They actually find the cause and treat; a GP just says it's my age and gives me gel to rub on the affected area 🙄

chocaholic38 Sun 06-Sep-20 10:14:50

Only problem is I'm going to need to wait a while to see a physio or chiropractor, I'm not going to be able to go to work tomorrow as I'm limping it's that sore.

Might try GP tomorrow again and ask to speak to a GP rather than the nurse practitioner as she told me there was no bones on the top of the foot confused

ArabellaRockerfella Sun 06-Sep-20 23:43:05

Yes, I'm afraid if you want it sorted in the next few days you will probably need to pay privately. £70 well spent though

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in