Pelvic Pain - Hurts to walk / move

(5 Posts)
sunshinecitrus1 Sat 29-Aug-20 18:13:14

Hi!

I have been experiencing pelvic pain, below my belly button in the centre, low down in line with my hips. It is very infrequent. I have been monitoring it since the beginning of the year and have had it 6 times overall. I have gone a couple of months without having it and think that it’s gone and then it comes on suddenly.

It’s quite hard to describe the pain, kind of like a shooting / sharp pain but it is very painful. To the extent where if I try and walk it off or move in any way, it tends to make it worse. When I have tried to walk it off before it always felt worse when I stepped down when walking. Also when I get it, it can make my pelvic area / lower stomach feel tight, as if it’s being gently squeezed. It never seems to last long, I would say 5 minutes, if that and then the pain goes completely. I don’t have to be doing anything in particular, I have been driving before when it started, walking to the printer at work from my desk. It seems to just come out of no where.

I spoke with my doctor about it back in April who said that the fact I’m not getting it very often is encouraging and that it could be a trapped nerve but once COVID had settled, to book an appointment if I was still concerned. I have had it once since then in July and so far haven’t had it again.

I also have done a little research on it and thought it sounded quite similar to something called Pubic symphysis dysfunction.

I will likely visit my doctor if it happens again but I just wanted to know if anyone else had experienced anything like this before? xo

OP’s posts: |
ChaChaCha2012 Sat 29-Aug-20 18:18:16

SPD is just another name for pelvic girdle pain. I'd book a physio appointment.

sunshinecitrus1 Sat 29-Aug-20 21:47:09

@ChaChaCha2012 Thank you, yeah I read that it was another name for pelvic girdle pain that can be developed in pregnancy. I’m not pregnant but I did see that it could be from a vitamin deficiency such as vitamin d so was wondering if it could be anything to do with that. Physio could be a good idea but not sure if I should go through the doctor first hmm

Whathewhatnow Sat 29-Aug-20 22:41:25

Hmm. How frequently? If only a few times a year/ only a few days per month... could it be ovulation pain? I never had ov pain till I hit 43. Now i ca always tell when this happened

sunshinecitrus1 Sun 30-Aug-20 00:35:53

@Whathewhatnow It honestly varies, I had it twice in January, once in February, twice in April and once in July. So there is no real pattern. confused
I have been on birth control for 6/7 years which I am due to come off tomorrow as Me and OH are going to start TTC grin so I don’t think it is ovulation pain as the birth control should have been helping that. Also it isn’t every month so it’s a little strange.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in