Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Swimming pools and verrucas.

(8 Posts)
spudmasher Thu 04-Oct-07 21:29:04

DD1 has a verruca. She is going swimming with school tomorrow. I have bought horrid swim socks to prevent infection spreading ( and her reinfection) but I was told by a friend today that no one really bothers these days.
Socks or no socks? Any experiences please or does anyone know what the policy is in their local pool?

Califright Thu 04-Oct-07 21:31:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jeangenie Thu 04-Oct-07 21:33:15

BANANA SKINS
do a search - they are bloody marvellous
(and I would put the socks on her, better to avoid getting more if possible)

sKerryMum Thu 04-Oct-07 21:35:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

tortoise Thu 04-Oct-07 21:35:30

If you are treating it with something like bazooka, it forms a seal over the verruca so swim socks are not needed.

spudmasher Thu 04-Oct-07 21:36:05

Thank you.
Jeangenie- do you not think a search on mumsnet was the first thing I did!? Of course banana skins! grin

fishie Thu 04-Oct-07 21:40:26

chiropodist told me that socks not needed as own immune system shoudl recognise and attack verrucae and warts. that is why the treatment is so painful and invasive, it is reteaching the body to attack.

i speak as someone who swims a lot and has had wart and verruca aplenty and thus is familiar with liquid nitrogen and scalpel. and i wore those bloody latex socks for years too. but i haven't had a thing since treated.

spudmasher Thu 04-Oct-07 21:46:52

Thank you fishie.

(your post made me giggle- 'as someone who swims a lot' grin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now