Any dentists on? Filling question...

(6 Posts)
foxychox Mon 24-Aug-20 09:36:36

I had a tooth break 3 months ago and the emergency dentist did a filling (I was happily surprised as thought they wouldn't due to COVID). The filling has now come off completely, would it be unreasonable to expect them to replace it for free (private patient)? The affected tooth is under a crowned tooth so is under more stress than normal but I would expect this to have been taken into acount when it was treated originally...TIA!

OP’s posts: |
Sparkleandshine1 Mon 24-Aug-20 10:01:45

Hi I'm a private dentist and I think it's unreasonable to expect your dentist to replace the temporary filling for free... whether or not they are private. It was obviously made clear at the time that it was a temporary filling... and it has lasted 3 months. You need to sort out an appointment for a permanent filling or crown but nay need a consultation first with radiographs which there would normally be a charge for. I hope this helps. Good luck!

foxychox Mon 24-Aug-20 12:01:44

Thanks @Sparkleandshine1 - actually its a permanent filling, i was quite surprised that they did it as it required drilling etc. Would that change your thoughts on it? I took a look at the NHS website and they suggest that work that fails within a year should be re-done free of charge. Many thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Sparkleandshine1 Mon 24-Aug-20 14:06:45

My apologies! I thought you said temporary! Well that changes everything... I would certainly replace free of charge... I'm sure if you call and explain the problem, they will rectify it as soon as possible. Best of luck!

Moltenpink Mon 24-Aug-20 14:10:24

Sparkle, do you mind if I hijack and ask a question? I still have a milk tooth (one of the first big bottom teeth). It’s started hurting when I bite on it so I assume it’s finally starting to decay. Do you know what my options might be? Sorry I know it’s not an AMA smile

foxychox Mon 24-Aug-20 16:31:07

Thanks Sparkle!!!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in