Does anyone take or can recommend a painkiller for a skin condition?

(2 Posts)
Geekster1963 Wed 12-Aug-20 22:55:11

I’ve got this skin condition that I get on my hands. (Photo included), that gets quite sore. I’ve taken paracetamol which doesn’t really do much. I can’t take ibuprofen or that family of drugs as I’m allergic to them.

OP’s posts: |
Bunnybaubles Thu 13-Aug-20 23:32:23

Didn't want to read and run. That looks incredibly painful. Have you spoken to your GP about possible pain relief?
You could ask for a referral to the pain clinic. I've been a couple times for myself for a long term painful condition. They are great and discuss both your type of pain and create a combination of pain medications tailored to your needs. I was even able to try out a trial form of pain relief not available through my GP so might be worth asking for a referral.
I currently have a repeat prescription for co-codomol 30/500 but sometimes buy Solpodine Max (co-codomol 12/500) when I need a strong pain killer but want a break from my strong ones. You can purchase it over the counter at pharmacies.
But my condition doesnt involve my skin, so hopefully someone will come along with advice specific to your needs flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in