Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

can I give a 6 month baby Vicks on a hankie?

(14 Posts)
ImBarryScott Wed 03-Oct-07 07:56:17

smile TIA

ImBarryScott Wed 03-Oct-07 07:57:23

ps apologies for very dull, no doubt unoriginal thread, but I'd rather be told "no" before I brave the weather to walk to the pharmacy.

TrinityRhino Wed 03-Oct-07 07:58:18

I would do it yes
I wouldn't put the hankie within reach so that it could be sucked though smile

SpacePuppy Wed 03-Oct-07 07:58:40

I rub a tiny bit on ds back, the body heat will get it to "fume" for inhalation, alternatively Karvol on a tissue in the same room where they sleep is ok.

skirmish Wed 03-Oct-07 07:58:46

monring baz...dont know i'm afraid - think it says on the jar not before 5yrs!...i melted it in a bowl next to the cot and that had a postive effect

SpacePuppy Wed 03-Oct-07 08:01:32

my jar says under 6 months.

ImBarryScott Wed 03-Oct-07 08:02:23

Morning skirmish - hope you've not been up too long this morning.

Thanks everyone!

<dons sou'wester and galoshes>

saltire Wed 03-Oct-07 08:02:48

I would as long as they couldn't reach it.
Karvol used to do a plug in type thing which released their stuff into the room, having the same effect as Vicks. karvol is good stuff as well, i use it when I ahve a blocked noseblush

TrinityRhino Wed 03-Oct-07 08:03:19

there is a baby vicks whichbarry is rtalking about

lemonaid Wed 03-Oct-07 08:03:24

I'd use Karvol (the plug-in, or the capsules on a hankie).

MadamePlatypus Wed 03-Oct-07 08:03:34

Try 'Snuffle Babe' instead. You may have to brave the weather and go to the pharmacy, but make yourself a nice cup of tea/hot chocolate when you get back.

CorrieDale Wed 03-Oct-07 08:04:31

Karvol still do the vaporiser, suitable from 3 mo. A pricier option but it works right through the night, unlike the hanky option (which I used to use before I bought the vaporiser).

saltire Wed 03-Oct-07 08:04:45

There is baby Vicks, Trinity's correct, and one by the people who make Olbas, they do a baby/child one as well.

ImBarryScott Wed 03-Oct-07 08:31:09

Thanks again, o wise ones smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: