Beauty therapists

(5 Posts)
notacatperson1 Tue 04-Aug-20 16:06:09

Hello
I have recently had an appointment for an underarm wax in a large London salon the therapists told me that visually my lymph nodes look swollen and puffy I was so shocked at her comment that I burst with to tears and left immediately.
Is this something that could been seen. When I got to work I had a look and I think she means the fat under your arm that spills over your bra. I now feel sit and embarrassed running out xx

OP’s posts: |
notacatperson1 Tue 04-Aug-20 16:30:12

Anyone please?

MrsPatrickDempsey Tue 04-Aug-20 16:35:01

Hi

Sorry you got upset. Didn't want to read and run but I don't think you can actually see the lymph nodes in the armpit; they are pretty small. I think she has worried you unnecessarily. Can you feel any lumps or bumps in that area?

notacatperson1 Tue 04-Aug-20 16:38:19

No there is nothing there I think she may mean the bra fat slightly above where you bra sits. I also thought you could not see lymph nodes x

cathyandclare Tue 04-Aug-20 16:38:56

Lymph nodes are completely different from the fat. They are deeper and will feel firmer to the touch. I don't this sounds like a judgemental comment. She may have felt a swelling during waxing and pointed it out so that you can keep an eye on it.

Skin infection on the arm, hand, chest, or shoulder are among the most common causes. Viral infections like glandular fever can also cause lymphadenopathy, as can breast problems and diseases of the lymphatic system.

It's probably worth feeling your armpit for any lumps. If it doesn't go over the next week, see your GP for a check up.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in