Diarrhoea for 2 weeks. Medication or Disease?

(5 Posts)
GermanSausage Mon 03-Aug-20 17:10:58

I first felt ill 5 days after taking Terbinafine 250mg tablets for a fungal nail infection. I had awful stomach cramps and diarrhoea but it only lasted a day. Took a further 5 weeks of Terbinafibe, then started getting cramps, back ache and the shits again. I stopped taking Terbinafine a week ago but I still have back pain, cramps and the shits (usually only once a day). I am getting worried that it wasn't the medication? Shouldn't the side effects have worn off by now? I'm 48 and also perimenopausal.

OP’s posts: |
GermanSausage Tue 04-Aug-20 21:42:41

Stomach cramps this afternoon. Anyone?

OP’s posts: |
gwilt Tue 04-Aug-20 21:45:49

My mum has just been diagnosed with a long term UTI which caused these symptoms. Get yourself to a GP smile

Oldestchild90s Tue 04-Aug-20 21:57:30

If you were still taking it and having the side effects it would certainly be a pretty common thing to happen and i wouldn't have worried too much. But as it's been a week it might be worth checking with the doctor just in case!

kingdomcapers Tue 04-Aug-20 22:23:45

I'd call docs. Even if they aren't doing appointments after this amount of time they might give you the wee tube and spatula to collect a sample so you can get it tested. (Voice of experience - turns out I had cryptosporidium)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in