Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

AF lasting 3 weeks - tmi warning

(3 Posts)
Roskva Mon 01-Oct-07 13:13:59

I've been bleeding for 3 weeks and I'm beginning to get really concerned.

It started with a slightly early but rather light period, then reduced to just enough to need a panty liner for another week, and last Thursday turned into full scale period again.

Spoke to my gp about it 10 days ago as I had to see him for something else anyway, and he just said it happens sometimes and to go back if it had not sorted itself out in a month, but he's a bloke.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 01-Oct-07 13:20:31

Go back to the GPs and ask to see another doctor asap. Longer term think about changing this GP practice.

This needs further investigation; do not be fobbed off. You should also ask for a referral to a gynae as a matter of course.

Roskva Mon 01-Oct-07 18:35:14

I've made an appointment to see the female doctor on the practice later in the week.

Too blush to go to the next nearest gp surgery - I had a go at the senior gp on that practice a couple of years ago after his son deliberately tried to spook my horse by cycling up behind her and doing a skid stop. Not just once, by accident, but 3 times, deliberately.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: