Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Squint op - following on - anyone else not able to use binoculars?

(3 Posts)
katepol Mon 01-Oct-07 11:52:28

I though I was the only one who couldn't! I either just use a monocular, or just shut one eye when using binoculars, but I assumed it was just me being wierd!

What other effects does having poor 3d vision have? How problematic is it for you?

Mumzarello Mon 01-Oct-07 14:59:43

I have always had this. There are some theories that it makes you more clumsy as you are less spatially aware - I certainly used to be very clumsy as a child - have grown out of it luckily now; but still have my moments. It is hard to say how it affects me otherwise as I have never known any different - think your brain helps to compensate as it were....

I have had 2 operations to correct a squint - which is now almost imperceptible but still only have monocular vision.

You may also find that you have a predominant eye - the other eye may deteriorate in vision.

fishie Mon 01-Oct-07 15:05:36

gosh. i can't use binoculars either but always just thought me being weird too. not a squint though, a lazy eye and my other is def predominant. i am really unhappy at heights and i dno't like stairs much, escalators awful i just walk up and down them without looking down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now