Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Need to convince GP on single jabs....HELP please...

(7 Posts)
SKerryMum Mon 01-Oct-07 10:09:12

Dss have multiple health problems: asthma, eczema, multipled life-threatening allergies, ds2 is deaf in one ear as well as asthma and allergies...

Have put off MMR but do want to get them vaccinated.

Have settled on singles.

Nothing will sway me from this so please I don't want a debate.

I could really use help with information\approach to GP. I sense he will be reluctant.

I would hope he would do them like this rather than nothing at all (which is what it is now).

I realize I will have to pay for them myself.

Help please.

Kewcumber Mon 01-Oct-07 10:10:03

I'm not sure GP's are allowed to prescribe single jabs are they? It may be a case of having to persuade him, he may not be able to.

SKerryMum Mon 01-Oct-07 10:14:36

I'm in Ireland Kew. If that makes a difference. A mum here told me that her GP did it for her. Will get more details from her (she's not local to me though)

Kewcumber Mon 01-Oct-07 10:24:08

it may do, I'm not 100% sure about the Uk though I think they're not allowed to arrange single jabs.

SpawnChorus Mon 01-Oct-07 10:27:09

SkerryMum - it's a nightmare isn't it!! I've just given DS the MMR as I couldn't find anywhere to get the singles.

There's a poster called Gess who will hopefully see this and give some advice. She knows a lot about the MMR etc.

Good luck!

SKerryMum Mon 01-Oct-07 10:32:32

Was just onto chemist and she said the GP has to order directly from a company in Dublin, so I'm assuming that it can be done.

[hopeful]

Now I just need to convince GP.

McDreamy Mon 01-Oct-07 10:32:49

Couldn't comment on the Irish system but I think Kew is right as the recommended guidelines are the MMR. DH is a GP and he won't prescribe singles but not sure if that's because he's not allowed to or because he chooses not to.

Hope you sort it out SKerrymum smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now