Any ideas? Left flank pain.

(8 Posts)
Hyperfish101 Tue 28-Jul-20 17:13:46

Have this intermittently. Pain in left side. Radiates to groin. Sometimes up into arm pit. Back pain. Feels like someone digging a knife in my side. Is horrible.

Last year had gynae scan. Upper ab scan, colonoscopy and blood tests. Nothing found. Docs suggested it was then muscular so referred me to physio who said he found a stiffness near my spine. The exercises he gave me helped.

However it keeps returning. For last 3 days have had this horrible pain in side and back. Not much helps. It’s almost crampy like period pain.

Any ideas! I realise I will have to return to docs but they can’t seem to find anything! But bring in so much pain for days on end can’t be right surely?

OP’s posts: |
Hyperfish101 Tue 28-Jul-20 17:14:18

Also....have HA so please be gentle with me!

cathyandclare Tue 28-Jul-20 17:17:23

Does it make you want to writhe around? Kidney stones can cause severe crampy pain in the flank going through to the groin.

Hyperfish101 Tue 28-Jul-20 17:24:55

Yes I can’t settle at all. When I had my scan they didn’t see anything on my kidneys but I guess stones don’t always show up.

cathyandclare Tue 28-Jul-20 17:27:02

Stones can come and go, you may have passed one. My mum gets them when she gets dehydrated because her urine is more concentrated.

Hyperfish101 Tue 28-Jul-20 17:31:46

Thanks.

123efox Tue 17-Nov-20 19:53:17

@Hyperfish101 did you ever find what this was? 2 months in of exact same thing, upper abdo scan fine x

Advertisement

Hyperfish101 Tue 17-Nov-20 21:29:55

No. I have had it since too. No apparent cause. Very odd.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in