Chest pain when sleeping

(7 Posts)
onefatfoot Thu 23-Jul-20 09:00:21

Over the last few months I've woken up on three occasions with a significant pain in the centre of my chest. I have had it once or two other than that, but these three seem more frequent.

I know I should get this checked and I'm going today with my DS15 for a follow up appointment for him. Will it be okay to mention this then? Not in front of DS obviously.

But I was wondering if anyone has had this and what the outcome was?

I'm 37 and not overweight, although not a great diet and not much of an exerciser blush

OP’s posts: |
frustrationcentral Thu 23-Jul-20 17:17:24

Not a doctor but could it be acid? Maybe try sleeping a little more upright to see if that helps?

onefatfoot Thu 23-Jul-20 19:56:32

Thanks for replying. It doesn't feel like that, from previous experience of having that while awake, but perhaps.

The receptionist initially told me their advice is to go to a&e, but I asked the doctor when I was in today and he said it was up to me to decide to do that, or ask for an appointment, so I have a telephone appointment next week.

IloveBeefJerky Thu 23-Jul-20 20:00:27

Could it be gallstones? I had them and had similar pains in my chest which in time started to radiate to kidneys.

onefatfoot Thu 23-Jul-20 20:38:24

@IloveBeefJerky just reading up on gallstones, it doesn't last anywhere near as long as the 20 mins mentioned. Just a couple of mins really.

I guess I'll just have to see how it goes and what the doctor says.

lostinlego Thu 23-Jul-20 20:47:12

I don't want to worry you but my partner had similar symptoms and eventually went to a&e where they discovered he had a mild heart attack. He was also getting pains in the day though. It could also be angina. I would get it checked as soon as possible just incase.

onefatfoot Thu 23-Jul-20 21:08:58

Thanks @lostinlego I tend to think the worst anyway! Not heart attack, mind you. But angina, possibly.

I'm trying to think if I have had pains in the daytime. Not certain, so possibly not. But the nighttime ones are definitely more memorable as quite a rude awakening, I guess.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in