Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Free infant 1st aid courses in London?

(3 Posts)
Tinkywinks Fri 28-Sep-07 21:29:54

Hi, does anyone know of any free infant first aid courses available in London? I'm a single parent on benefits and really can't afford to pay for one but really want to one. The funny thing is, I remember a few months back someone from a 1st aid organisation knocking on my door asking for a donation, and I swear she told me about free first aid courses. I thought it was st john's ambulance or red cross but looked on their sites and their not free. I've heard SureStart offer free training but I'm in Finchley/Barnet where we don't have Sure Start and I think you have to live in the area where there is one.

Roskva Sat 29-Sep-07 10:28:00

Ask your HV, she might know, or at your gp surgery. It was one of the HV's round here who organised a free first aid course for parents, which was funded by the Cot Death Prevention Society. Also ring your local red x/St John's office - they may know things that are not on the website, or there might be subsidised places available if you meet whatever criteria they have. I hope you find something - it really is worth doing.

Tinkywinks Sat 29-Sep-07 21:33:52

Thanks Roskva, great advice, I will definitely get on to it. I think every parent should learn first aid. In fact everyone regardless should, and I've been saying I will for years - having a child finally gave me the motivation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now