Low blood sugar

(4 Posts)
thewallisblue Thu 16-Jul-20 11:39:37

I'm trying to lose weight at the moment, and wonder if anyone else has this experience.

I'm not drastically cutting down on my calories as I want this to be a lifestyle change rather than a diet. I'm not overweight, but am towards the upper end of my healthy weight range, and would like to get towards the middle. I'm aiming for 1600 calories a day.

I'll eat a filling, healthy breakfast like muesli and yogurt, or porridge, and an egg. By 11am I feel completely starving; sometimes I feel weak. The same thing happens at around 5pm.

I don't know how people have three meals without snacking, as I sometimes feel so weak and hangry.

I don't think I'm diabetic (am relatively healthy, exercise a lot).

Anyone else experience this?

OP’s posts: |
emmathedilemma Thu 16-Jul-20 13:57:30

I'm absolutely the same! I've had an annual health check the last couple of years which required a 2-3 fasted blood test (it would be high if you had diabetes) and mine has been at the lowest end of normal. I'm like you, eat healthily and exercise most days so i don't think it's sugar crashes from my diet. I drink around 3 litres of water a day and don't have an excessive amount of caffeine. I've been trying to loose a few lb for the last few weeks and whilst i've shifted half a stone it's not been easy and I really have to think about spreading my food out throughout the day to stop this happening. I get really lightheaded when i'm hungry. I've nearly murdered my mum over this - she claims a bowl of porridge keeps her going all day and I've been out for the day with her and she won't let me stop for lunch because we had a coffee at 10am!!

thewallisblue Thu 16-Jul-20 17:11:30

Thanks for replying - glad I'm not the only one! God that would drive me crazy not being able to eat regularly enough!

Think I need to try what you're doing; eating regularly throughout the day.

OP’s posts: |
eurochick Thu 16-Jul-20 17:13:04

I'm the same. I have to eat little and often. I do have pcos which is linked to blood sugar issues.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in