Norethisterone

(4 Posts)
youvegottobekidding Mon 13-Jul-20 11:14:30

Started my period on Saturday. Usually lasts for around 5-7 days, however my last period before this one lasted for around just over 2 weeks.

Might be going away for the night this weekend & I really don’t want to be bleeding as I can be quite heavy. Chances are I may of stopped but I could also still be bleeding if my last period was anything to go by.

If I am still bleeding by Thursday morning, if I take a Norethisterone would it stop my period by the Saturday? Or would I need to take it Wednesday, or does Norethisterone only delay your period, not actually shorten/stop it?

OP’s posts: |
emmathedilemma Mon 13-Jul-20 11:43:13

i got prescribed it to try and relieve almost relentless heavy bleeding but it didn't stop it completely. You could try it but there's no guarantee it will work.

Literallyfedup Mon 13-Jul-20 14:24:18

You can take Norethisterone to stop your heavy period but it takes time usually 3-5 days also take it exactly at the same time because it has to be built in your system , so if you have to take 1 a day then take exactly 24 hours apart. Use alarm if you have to. If you don't then the period might stop but you will keep on spotting.

midnightstar66 Mon 13-Jul-20 14:25:41

You need to take it before your period has started really. It says 3 days but I've got away with 2

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in