Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Eggy burps????

(6 Posts)
GreatAuntieWurly Fri 28-Sep-07 09:40:34

Dh has been up all night being sick and having lots of wind which he describes as "eggy burps". He saidit is easing now, but cant find anything that it could be.

Anyone experienced this???

sparkybabe Fri 28-Sep-07 11:08:29

i sometimes get this - it's horrible, sometimes eggy, sometimes 'mushroomy' but I find it helps if you eat a bio-yoghurt, or one of those actimel drinks. I think it's probably something to do with the bacteria in your gut - the freindly ones.

diplodocus Fri 28-Sep-07 11:15:40

Eggy burps can be a sign of giardia (along with horrendous sulphurous farts!). Usually accompanied by diarhoea and cramps. Often picked up overseas, but can be caught in this country. If he has any of those other symptoms I'd suggest he went to the GP for a check as he may need antibiotics if it is.

Meeely2 Fri 28-Sep-07 11:19:37

i get this, and i have irritable bowel syndrome.....if i'm having an 'attack' i.e. i've eaten something i can't properly digest, i burp eggs and fart very toxic gases! sorry if TMI, but i been getting this since i was 8......i'm now 31 and avoid wheat.....

corblimeymadam Fri 28-Sep-07 12:50:58

Message withdrawn

princessmel Fri 28-Sep-07 13:00:07

Dh and I have both had this when we've had a bug. its horrible but doesn't last long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now