Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

haemorroids

(9 Posts)
lulabop Thu 27-Sep-07 19:55:23

Hi has anyone suffered with piles as a result of giving birth? Any advice please?

BarbieGirl Thu 27-Sep-07 20:13:19

YES YES YES - its a bloody nightmare isn't it? I remeber after giving birth to my DD )now 5), for months after I suffered really bad piles and I would dread going to the toilet- it was really bad a few times it was like giving birth from my bum sorry if TMI.

The only thing that has worked for me is using laxatives, exercising oh and anusol is good (the ones you put up your bum - what are they called?? forgotten).

i still get piles from time to time. Awful bloody things grin.

ja9 Thu 27-Sep-07 20:16:57

huge sympathies. i had v sore ones just after dd born. really dampened my first 2 weeks with her. baths really helped me. helped relax me enough to apply cream / pessary without crying! sad.

i also hired a valley cushion from the NCT. have you heard of this?

baths were def what helped the most.

SydneyB Thu 27-Sep-07 20:20:06

Drink gallons and gallons of water! Lots of fruit etc. Keep everything 'soft' so you don't have to strain as much..

lulabop Thu 27-Sep-07 20:24:18

Yes def agree on baths. Have used Boots haemorroid cream and that stops the soreness. Just wonder if we just have to learn to live with them or if they do actually go!

BarbieGirl Thu 27-Sep-07 20:31:33

Just learn to live with them sad unfortunately.

mustsleep Thu 27-Sep-07 20:34:13

suppositories!!

BarbieGirl Thu 27-Sep-07 20:35:19

Oh yeah! thanks had a mental block grin.

littleboo Fri 28-Sep-07 13:33:38

Anusol suppositories are supposed to be really good. Oh and APPARENTLY, its what some models put on their faces, to tighten up and lines and wrinkles !!!!grin.... honestly , was told that by a tattooist who also advised it for tightening up skin if having belly button pierced!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now