Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mammograms - is it normal ...

(6 Posts)
LIZS Thu 27-Sep-07 16:59:35

to feel a bit tender afterwards ? Felt like I was being put in a vice!

rabbitrabbit Thu 27-Sep-07 17:00:48

I think "a bit tender" is being polite! I felt like throttling somebody when I had mine done grin

Hope it all went well.

Theclosetpagan Thu 27-Sep-07 17:00:48

I gather that this is entirely normal from what I have heard. Horrible - procedure must have been designed by a man.

LIZS Thu 27-Sep-07 17:03:57

Thanks . I did wonder if I was going to keel over at one point. Wouldn't be very elegant being suspended by a boob though!

vole3 Fri 28-Sep-07 06:23:37

Without sufficient compression the definition of the breast tissue isn't good enough to detect microcalcifications - the little flecks of calcium that can be the very early stages of a nasty.

Each woman is different when it comes to sensitivity to breast compression, but the machine has pressure sensors to ensure that it is not over or under compressed.

So, sorry you found it uncomfortable, but it should have ensured you don't get recalled for that one out of many technical reasons.

However, I have found this cartoon to make you smile

LIZS Fri 28-Sep-07 15:00:25

lol . At least it was only momentary pain !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now