Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please talk to me about contraception

(2 Posts)
mrsmalumbas Thu 27-Sep-07 13:48:32

Hi, currently not happy with my contraceptive arrangements and thinking of either mini pill or mirena - would love to hear thoughts/experiences of those methods especially with regard to weight gain. I was on the pill for a few years in my teens/twenties and found I gained weight and grew mahoosive boobs but otherwise no side effects. Mahoosive boobs never went away once I stopped taking it, sadly! I do now experience very bad PMT including sore boobs from hell, moodiness, bloating etc. Seems to be getting worse as I get older and I think I may be getting a bit perimenopausal, periods heavier and more irregular etc. Was thinking the pill might help "smooth" all that out as well as remove the risk of pregnancy - currently haphazard condom users and I seem to spend every month thinking "am I?" which is a bit tiresome. Have just heard such horror stories re Mirena although my GP is very keen on it (she has one!) Any thoughts? Coil or pill? Thanks!

alice8cake Thu 27-Sep-07 14:40:48

Theres also an implant you can get which releases the pill hormone to eliminate the oops i forgot factor.

Plus there are a few different pills, im on the progesterone only pill and it hasnt made me gain any weight or extra boobage.

x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now