Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

4 Year old sick with something different every week... any remedies for ear ache?

(3 Posts)
Jzee Thu 27-Sep-07 08:07:39

Ds has been awake throughout most of last night crying with an ear ache. I have given him neurofen, but is there is anything else I can do to eliviate the pain. Also he started school three weeks ago, and so far he's been off sick one day of each week with something different- I'm worried what the school will think? Do schools generally understand that some little kids catch things easier than others? He eats all the right foods, and I even give him vitamins. Any other ideas to boost his immune system?

loopylou6 Thu 27-Sep-07 11:50:29

he may have an ear infection so if hes no better i would let the doc take a look, i do sympathise with u though, my 3 year old dd has just started preschool, immediatley got tonsilitus, has just got over that and has come home today feeling alittle warm so no doubt theres something else on its way hmm oh by the way, when i took her the docs with the tonsilitus, the doc told me to expect her to be ill for 6 months after starting school, all to do with the immune system going into overdrive.

rabbitrabbit Thu 27-Sep-07 11:56:13

Hiya, have a look here. Cytoplan make some great vitamins and "stuff" and if you use the Help & Support/Contact Us option you can also get some great advice on what to take to help boost immunity etc.
HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now